Saturday, January 18, 2014

all finished.

So, my passion project for this year is technically officially done! I did my final presentation this week, meaning I no longer need to work on this project. I can't say that I will continue to do as much as I have in the past few months, but I'm pretty sure that I'll keep doing some drawing occasionally.

I never did finish my second portrait project, it's not very far along so I won't bore you all with pictures of a partially completed portrait :) But, I did accomplish a lot and am happy with what I did learn. I was able to set aside time for something that I enjoyed learning about {and realized that I do quite like to learn!} and also that it's good to not just dive into a project without background information.

 I also realized that just because you have information and resources, it doesn't mean that you'll excel at something the first {or second...or third...} time that you do it. As I've said before, greatness requires practice... and practice requires discipline and the willingness to make mistakes. {Believe me, making mistakes was not enjoyable!} But if i never made some of the mistakes I did, like not measuring out proportions when drawing faces, or shading the dark lines really dark right away, I would have never learned the importance of those skills.

Overall, it's been an enjoyable and fairly productive semester. I might be back occasionally with some new projects, and possibly next year with a continuation to this "journal" :)

No comments:

Post a Comment