Wednesday, December 4, 2013

plans.

So, the next step in my project is to work on a more detailed, full-page project {that will probably take longer!}Yeesh.
I'll really not like the fact that it won't be done right away, but that's just how it is. I put a few pictures on my inspiration page, and am going to start with one of the child ones {since I am practicing that for this time period!} I am going to start with this one...
My reasons? Mostly because i really like the angle {it's fairly straight-on, yet it appears that the artist was looking down at the child, which is an interesting angle.} There is not much shading on the face, and I think that'd be good to start with. The lighting also seems to be coming pretty much straight on, so there's not a lot of that to work with... {not like angled lighting is bad, it just makes for a bit more dramatic-ness in the face, which equals more precise shading!}Overall, it doesn't look too complicated, but I could be taking my words back in a couple days :)


I'm going to post the progression of the picture as I go, which will be a bit different than with some of my other sketches. They'll be coming soon :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment