Thursday, November 28, 2013

child faces first sketches.


These two are the ones that I started with for practicing drawing a younger face. The first one of the young girl I don`t really like as much, especially the hair and the forehead should have been a bit longer. Also, the eyes look a little too old to be a child. It could be more of a little bit older kid.
The next one of the little boy was just a quick sketch just to get more of an idea of the basic face structure. I like this one because of the simplicity, and I wanted to do one with closed eyes.
I learned that when drawing a young face, it`s important not to make too many shading lines and such, because kids have much ``softer`` skin, and less wrinkles or lines. If you shade too much, it ends up adding a few more years. Odd, but true! Also, when making the eyes, it`s important not to outline them too much...which i had trouble with in picture one.






No comments:

Post a Comment