Tuesday, November 12, 2013

adjustments.

I've realized that when it comes to drawing realistic looking faces, my main holdup is that they take a lot of time. The portraits can potentially take days, and in all my practicing just the basic features, I've taken hours.... which does not work well for me. I'm the type of person who prefers to start something, and then be able to have a finished product by the time I'm done. However, with drawing portraits, this is not the case. I'll have to go back to my work and continue where I left off.

I've also had difficulty making enough time for it. We're halfway through the semester, but I just can't seem to set apart enough time to sit down and work on specific things. Which is sort of frustrating, because despite that I want to do this, I keep making excuses.

So, because of lack of other ideas, I'm making a more rigid schedule for myself. {I guess I just need that discipline.} Although I've been keeping up with my goals, I do the minimum amount, but it's just not satisfactory. So, all that being said, you should expect to see much more progress in the future due to the fact that every Tuesday, I will force myself to sit down and work... and I know that even though I am 'forcing' myself to work on a passion project, I will enjoy it once i stop putting it off :)

My lack of progress will {hopefully} also stop frustrating me with this new 'system' {for lack of a better word.}

No comments:

Post a Comment