Friday, November 22, 2013

update.

So, the last time I posted I was beginning to be not-too thrilled with this project. However, I've put a bit more time and effort in {probably something I should've done in the first place,} and it's been pretty enjoyable. And, I've surprised myself with some of the way my first sketches are turning out. Here are my two favorites so far.

The first one turned out alright, I was working with lighting from the top right. I don't quite love how the left side of the face turned out, but it's alright. I tried to do some cross-hatched shading for the shadows. The angle of the face is also about a three-quarter view, so getting the left side to look realistic was a bit challenging. The one thing that was fairly difficult about that was not making the jawline or cheekbone too sharp. Also, it's pretty hard for me to get the left eye {the one to the left on the paper!} to resemble the right one {because I usually draw the right eye first.} This time, I drew the eye on the left first and it worked a bit better!

The second one was just a quick sketch for practice. Not quite as much detailing and shadow work :) The main goal was just to get it to look like an actual human face.
Any comments or suggestions?
Let me know!


1 comment:

  1. Great progress photos!

    When you refer to left and right eye, do you mean the subject's left eye or the eye on your left?

    ReplyDelete